Thursday 26 February 2015

"Sir Alex forced me to cut my Mohawk',reveals Beckham


Former England Football superstar David Beckham revealed the fact that how Sir Alex Ferguson made him to cut his new Mohawk hairstyle in a toilet at Wembley back at 2000, when United was about to face Chelsea in a Charity Shield match.Beckham have played around 265 matches for Manchester united scoring about 65 goals before moving on to Real Madrid.
David Beckham, other than playing football, is also famous for having dashy looks, wearing expensive brands and changing his hairstyles often. The 39 year old English footballer had a very tough relationship with his ex-manager Sir Alex Ferguson, but he insists that there was no bad blood between the two of them and even told that Sir Alex is like a father figure to him.
Beckham told ‘Graham Norton’s Show’ that how Sir Alex made him cut his clippers out before the game,
"I was in the dressing room with an hour to go before kick off when Sir Alex Ferguson saw it and made me shave it off," Beckham recalls.
"I said no at first and then I saw his face change very quickly so I went and shaved it off in the toilet. He was very strict.
"It was the reputation of the club, he wanted all the players to look professional and he felt it wasn’t the right look. We were playing at Wembley too, so he kind of had a point!"
"Some of them have been really bad – I hadn't thought them through"
"The topknot wasn't too bad but the cornbraids were a bad decision. It was bad timing as well as I was going to South Africa at the time with England and ended up meeting Nelson Mandela so that’s why I regret that one."
The pair’s relationship fall-out during the time of 2003 which saw the departure of Beckham, but now it’s all have been dissolved down, with recently the couple was seen in Chelsea’s first leg match versus PSG in Champions league football.Beckham also insists that the ‘2003 fall-out’ is now like water flowing under the bridge and paid tribute to his ex-boss.

"We get on. It was made worse than it actually was. He was a father figure for me for so many years,
"He brought me to the club that I loved as a kid and I was successful at the club, so he gave me everything in my career.
"He will always be a man that I look up to because he gave me the dream of playing for Man United.
"There was no olive branch. We just bumped into each other at certain occasions after I left Manchester United
"We never discussed the falling out. There were things that upset me and there were definitely things that upset him about me, but I have so much respect for him as a manager and as a man and he gave me my dream.
Beckham have represented England Football team 117 times and was one of the top players of his generations.
/Anuttam/

No comments:

Post a Comment